Monday, October 29, 2012
Because it is the day that I was born 23 years ago!
Yes that is right, friends, I am turning the ripe old age of 23 today.
Thank you so much to everyone who has sent me birthday wishes, texts, snapchats, videos(you know who you are), and phone calls. I am feeling the love today.
Friday, October 26, 2012
1. My favorite feeling in all the world is ... Being around people who "get me", spending time with friends that are like family, being surrounded by people I love and love me. Also, being in Africa..hands down no questions (or the ropes course at WAFARA, RCC for lyfe).
2. My favorite smell is... so.many.smells : Coffee, gardenia, anthro candels, clean clothes, excotic wood candels, popcorn, I could really go on ...
3. My favorite taste is.. salty! Crunchy salty snacks are my vice. Another favorite taste is coffee ice cream.
4. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen was... hiking up to the boob at WAFARA and seeing the entire camp surrounded by the canyons, ANY view at Malibu Club in Canada, being on safari in Zim, all the elephants surrounding us while we ate dinner at our safari park, the kids at the troubled kids orphanage in Zim, oh and the Ralph Lauren Men's Mansion on Madison ave. in New York.
5. The best sound ever is.. people laughing, the ocean at Pacific City, and just babies in general/ toddlers trying to talk and saying your name.
6. A smell that reminds me of my childhood is...the way my mom smells, the make up she uses and lotions and everything have that certain smell. Also, anytime I walk into the MacCaskills house .. that smell reminds me of so so so many memories growing up.
7. My favorite of all the senses is sense of sight. What I get to see, is amazing. I would never want to be with out my sense of sight.
Playing along here.
Labels: fill in the blank friday
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Don't get me wrong I have been absolutely loving the amazing weather here in Portland, but now it's getting colder and that means warmer clothes and fall fashion. I have been able to get by not wearing a coat to work and even sometimes wearing my summer pieces paired with more fall pieces but I think it's safe to say those days are gone. I am getting inspired by my pumpking spice and everything nice board and am ready to try out some of these styles (hopefully pictures to come!).
Sunday, October 21, 2012
I have a board on Pinterest called "On my list". This where I pin all the things I want to do, buy or try. With my Birthday just a week away I thought it would be fun to pull some of my "to buy" items to make my dream birthday wish list. So I curated a list of things below from that pinboard of things that I have been really wanting lately. It's no surprise that shoes are on top of the list and that I also have another coffee table book I would like to add to my collection. Also , that dang denim shirt from Aritzia is still on my mind ....
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Alright, since I already shared my undying love for Brooklyn I won't go into too much detail here.
However, I will say that the Brooklyn Flea marketing was by far one of the highlights of my trips.
It was like a much cooler, more hip Portland Saturday market.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
I am obsessed with Brooklyn.
The buildings, the people, the food, the fashion, and especially the families everywhere.
I felt right at home because it truly felt like Portland, only with a twist.
We had a wonderful day of walking up and down the streets, having bunch and going to the Brooklyn Flea (post to follow).