playing along with Olivia at:
Monday, March 28, 2011
I promised I would do TWO giveaways once I got 100 followers so here we go :)
My friend Hannah is a semi-new blogger but already has an addicting blog that I go to every day. She is always posting DIY's and makes the coolest stuff. She offered to do a giveaway of a zipper hair clip she made. It's super cute and I'm jealous of whoever gets to own this !
(ps so incredibly awkward trying to take pictures of myself...)
How to win:
1. Follow my blog annalynnreilly
2. Follow Hannah's blog
3. Leave a comment on my page (on this entry) telling me you entered
(one entry total for each)
4. Tweet about this giveaway
(make sure to include @annareilly and put a link to this post)
5. Add my button to your sidebar
(you must leave a separate comment for each entry. This giveaway will remain open for one week and I will choose the winner via random.org and announce the winner on my blog on 4/4/11 )
Friday, March 25, 2011
1. My most prized possession is My 10 seasons of friends :) Or my elephant ring Olivia and Brian gave me for my 21st birthday. At this point in my life nothing is that special or valuable to me but I am lucky and blessed with what I have.
2. If I could be one age for the rest of my life, I would want to be Hmm that's a great question.. However old you are in 4th grade. Pioneer day, lip sync at Terra Linda, orange slices at half-time during soccer games.. I wasn't complaining!
3. The best way to spend a weekend is One day of adventure and one day of relaxation.. and always spent with family or good friends.
4. My outlook on life is It's a gift from God and it's up to us to use that gift wisely, to the fullest, and to the most glorifying of the one who gave it ! ( cheesy kinda but so true)
5. If you want to annoy me, just talk over me, answer questions for me, tell me I'm wrong, think you're always right.
6. I am completely defenseless when it comes to seeing cute animals .. almost got into a car crash on I-5 when me and and friend saw baby goats on the way to Eugene. So bad.
7. When dressing for the day one should comfortable and confident
Link up here !
Hi friends! Check out my guest post I did for my friend Lucy from The Money Diaries. The Money Diaries is an awesome place to learn about money. What to do when you have it and what to do when you don't! Lucy is a college student living in New York City and started this website to help share knowledge about personal finance for the 20-somethings! Lucy is a long time friend and I was so happy to share some of MY knowledge of fashion with my 5 easy ways to save on your spring wardrobe.
Labels: guest post
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
My good friend Kelly Pace is an aspiring photographer and took pictures of me and my beautiful best friend Laura. We had a ton of fun putting together outfits and spending the afternoon in an orchard. Check out Kelly's blog here!
Friday, March 11, 2011
1. My biggest accomplishment in life thus far is... Going to Africa. It wasn't so much an accomplishment but more of the biggest privilege God has given to me.
2. My favorite place to sit in my house is .. My house at home: Down in our living room in my Mom's big cozy chair. My sorority house: In my room, It's the best room in the house if I do say so myself :)
3. My fashion philosophy is ... If you don't feel 100% comfortable or happy with our outfit don't wear it because you will then be uncomfortable all night. Also lately it's been 'just go for it'. Since doing my 30 for 30 I've been really into accessorizing and actually putting together outfits that you wish you could but were too afraid to. When I come up with an outfit inspiration, I wear it. I don't think about it anymore and wish I would had the balls the wear it, I just go for it!
4. Something every girl should have is.. pearl earrings, a great dress (or two :) ), good hairspray, blush, and confidence.
5. If you looked in my purse right now you'd find.... Palmers chap stick, my wallet, and 3 pairs of 3D glasses from the 3 times I went to see the Justin Bieber movie (don't judge me).
6. My favorite music right now is... besides JB? A CD by a group called Strangers and Pilgrims .. oh and the Phil Wickham Pandora station.
7. My favorite part of my body is .. My legs probably? I got some long legs...
link up and play along here :)
link up and play along here :)
I have the travel bug. I always have had a list of places that I want to travel too but this itch really started this past summer when I went to Africa . Maybe it has to do with the fact that I haven't left Eugene in months or that I really am missing Africa today but man I need to get out of here, on a plane, and quick!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
All kinds of books. I could get lost in Borders for days. There's just this dorky feeling I get when I get a new one, it's priceless. lately I have been admiring coffee table books, I'm slightly obsessed. They are like big picture books for adults. I'v always wanted a huge bookshelf in my house someday with all the books me and who ever I end up with have collected throughout the years and now I want to have a large collection of awesome coffee table books as well. My mom helped kick start this by buying me one this christmas on the history of Vogue. I want a collection of fashion ones, I have my eye on this one about Ralph Lauren .... Mmm
Labels: about me
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
My Guest post I did over at my sister pant's blog..
As my sister and her husband are off traveling around I am here day dreaming of New York.
New York. I will never forget the first time I went. Riding on the bus into the city for the first time, graffiti on the walls, advertisements everywhere, a sea of yellow cabs, and people every which way I looked. New York made me feel alive, because the city was alive. Everyone was on a mission, everyone had a place to go, and everyone was doing something. My heart begins to race just typing this. My sister and I come from a family who also holds New York close to their heart. Our Mom moved there in her 20's to model and my Dad grew up in New Jersey, went to college in Queens, and worked in the city until we all moved to Oregon. I love going back with my family not only to be in the greatest city in the world but to go and see the things my parents use to love. But here are some other reasons why I love New York:
The diversity of the city.
Walking the streets on any given day you hear a wide range of languages and see people of all different colors and backgrounds.
Or any kind of food for that matter. My number one would be New York style pizza, the kind my Dad taught me to fold and eat when I was younger. But besides pizza there are so many amazing restaurants and markets and food carts, I feel like I'm in heaven. I'm a sucker for an amazing meal.
Couldn't be a better place to people watch. My favorite thing to do is just walk around and see what everyone is wearing. The best is being on the upper east side and seeing old ladies with old money and the outfits they wear. I also love seeing all the menswear. I think all men should dress in suits and in New York you see the best dressed, classiest men. It's interesting to see the young twist on business attire but I still adore the older men who wear great suits to work.
Fashion capital of the United States, of course. Like I mentioned before I love seeing all the fashion on the street. I feel like when I'm in New York I could wear anything not matter how out there or bold and no one would think twice. I admire all the originality that New Yorkers have in their clothing and how great everyone looks.
New York is the heart of many love stories, award shows, banquets, broadway plays, movie sets, and more. I love going to such historic significant places.
I hope my sister is soaking up all that is New York. We love that place and it holds many memories for the both of us. I hope this post put New York in the softest part of your heart and on the top of your travel plans.